BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Parents are the First gods Children Worship


Let me first say I have not changed my theological position. There is only one God and that is Jehovah, but I hope the title got your attention. Despite the theological inaccuracy of parents being gods the statement; "Parents are the first gods children worship," is true.

Before children are introduced to Christ, develop relationship with Him, and seek to walk in His image they "worship" their parents. I think back to how cool I thought my dad was when he told me he could drive with no hands (he was secretly using his knee), showed me his "man" muscles and could seemingly know the answer to any and all questions about life. He was in my eyes my superhero.

However, like any one who is given much power, much responsibility is required. There is a responsibility God has placed on parents to lead their children through their actions and words (actions being more important) to a life of blessing, integrity and holiness less they spend their adult years learning tough life lessons that should have been taught and modeled in their adolescence.

Consider Genesis 5:3; "And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth"

0 comments: