BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Exploring this LOVE Thang

Love! What is it? What is it not? I'll be the first to tell you, "I don't know". I do however know it:
1) is essential to a life reflective of Christ. (ref. 1 John 4:8)
2) is a Doing not just a Feeling (ref. John 15:13)
3) is THE GREATEST gift God has given to us and we can give to others. (ref. 1 Corinthians 13:13)

So, I've already said I don't know what love is so don't look for or expect anything deep. I will however, over the next couple of days, seek to discover more on the topic and blog my findings. Why? Because, love is essential for success for all of us. Whether it be from the boardroom to the bedroom amongst friends or enemies this LOVE thang isn't going anywhere so we might as well learn a little something something about it.

Here's a good place to start.Galatians 5:14 says "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

Statement: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Principle: How you love or don't love others is a reflection of what you think about yourself. A person with a low self-perception of themselves (whether you can see it or not) will be less willing to love without a return on their investment. They love selfishly.They have what I call the Janet Jackson mindset. "I must be in "CONTROL" and ask "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" A person with an abundance of love and God-confidence for and in themselves is more apt to love others unconditionally because they are less likely to require something in return. Your love reciprocated to them while desired is not necessary to make or break them.

0 comments: